If you’re a business owner in Sarasota, FL, you know how important it is to keep the roof of your building in good condition. A well-maintained roof doesn’t just give your property good looks and protection, but it also allows you to save money on energy costs.
You may be wondering how much roof replacement will cost when it’s time to get it done for your property. Several factors, including the size of your roof, the type of roofing material you choose, and the complexity of the job, will directly affect the cost of commercial roofing replacement in Sarasota. In most cases, however, homeowners look for the option with the least cost, thinking it is a wise financial decision; you need to abandon that mindset. Roof replacement may be expensive, but it is a necessity that you can’t afford to skimp on.
In this blog post, we’ll give you an overview of how much commercial roofing replacement services can cost in Sarasota, and offer you a ballpark figure for the cost of replacing your roof in 2022 so you can make an informed decision on this crucial responsibility.
General Factors that Affect the Cost of Commercial Roofing Replacement
If you’re in the market for a new roof, you’ll want to be aware of the factors that will influence the final cost. Commercial roofs come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so it’s important to assess your needs first and foremost. Here are some of the things that will affect the overall price tag:
Size of the Roof
One of the most significant factors that will affect the cost of your commercial roofing replacement is the size of your roof. A more extensive roof will typically cost more to replace than a smaller one. The larger the top, the more area there is to cover, and the more materials will be needed.
Type of Roofing Material
The type of roofing material you choose will also affect the roof replacement cost. Some materials, such as asphalt shingles, are cheaper than others, such as metal or tile. If you’re on a tight budget, choosing a less expensive material may be your obvious course of action, but remember that investing in more durable materials may save you more money down the line, as they can last longer than cheaper materials, and thus need to be replaced less often.
Complexity of the Job
Another factor affecting commercial roofing replacement costs is the job’s intricacy. A roof that is easy to access and replace will likely incur less cost than a replacement that requires special equipment or involves working around obstacles.
How to Find a Professional Roofer You Can Trust
It can’t always be easy to find a professional roofing contractor you can rely on, but you should learn to stay away from dishonest roofers and those who charge exorbitant fees for mediocre services.
To find a trustworthy roofing contractor, one major tip you should do is to ask your family and friends for recommendations. You can also look at online reviews and search engines for the best contractors around your area.
To weed out your best options for a roofing contractor, you must find out if they can answer these following questions:
- Have they ever taken on a project similar to yours?
- Do they have a list of previous customers you can check?
- Do they have reliable references from banks and suppliers?
- Are they going to work on your project at the same time as another?
- If so, how do they plan to complete your project by the specified date?
Other Factors that Affect Pricing in Sarasota
A Sarasota roofing contractor will consider several factors that can raise or lower the cost of their services when they visit your home for a roof inspection and to give you an estimate. As previously mentioned, the cost of a roof replacement project will vary depending on the size of the roof, the materials that will be used, and the complexity of the project. Below we list some more things for you to take note of.
The cost of commercial roofing replacement might increase if:
- Your building is several stories high
- The roof has a steep pitch
- Your building has several gable roofs, multiple roof regions, or the top is complicated
- You prefer premium roof shingles of more excellent quality (architectural shingle)
- You want a better roof underlayment, or you need to replace the deteriorating roof underlayment
- The old roof shingles must be removed before installing a new roof
- You want flashing and copper valleys
- There was a recent storm damage in your neighborhood (i.e. contractors are busy)
Your costs could be less when:
- You have a one-story building
- The roof has a typical pitch
- There is no need to remove already-installed tiles
- The underlayment of the plywood is in good shape
- You want to use a material of average quality
- Your building only has one roof
- The roof is easy to access
- The work is completed on a normal day (e.g. it isn’t raining)
Replace Your Roof This 2022
Generally speaking, many factors will affect the final price of a commercial roofing replacement in Sarasota. In 2022, depending on the size of your building’s roof, the materials of your choice, and the difficulty of the installation process, you should allocate a budget between $8,000 and $50,000 to replace your roof.
It’s only on some occasions that a low-price option is the best. Before comparing the price estimates from various contractors you inquired for, make sure their price estimates are for the same services, so you can be sure you’re comparing apples with apples. It’s important to be careful when locking your decision on which contractor to hire.
Do you wish to entrust your commercial roofing replacement needs to a reliable contractor in Sarasota? You can visit our website or call us to get started.